Charity Donation to St. Luke’s Hospice by Keith Howbrigg and Peter Langley

WBro Keith Howbrigg (Area 3 Charity Steward) accompanied by Ex.Comp Peter Langley (‘Z’ of Semper Fidelis Chapter No. 3453) were pleased to visit St. Luke’s Hospice in Winsford on Thursday 26th April 2018 to donate a number of charity cheques.

WBro. Keith had the pleasant task of presenting Claire Langston, the head of fundraising for the hospice, with a cheque for £1000.00 on behalf of the Cheshire Freemasons Charity.

Ex.Comp. Peter also had the pleasure of presenting a cheque for £200.00 on behalf of the Companions of Semper Fidelis Chapter No. 3453.

Claire was delighted to receive these donations from Cheshire Freemasonry to help with the many services provided by the Hospice and thanked all the Cheshire Brethren for their generosity over the 30 years since the Hospice was opened.

Claire was keen to stress that only 13% of the costs of running the Hospice was directly funded and that the remaining 87% was raised by donations and fund-raising events and she was therefore delighted to receive these contributions from the Province of Cheshire.

  

 

 

 

Ex.Comp. Peter Langley with Claire Langston

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WBro Keith Howbrigg with Claire Langston