The roof was raised on Wednesday 4th April at Willington Hall, the home of Vale Royal Lodge, when WBro Kevin Dickens PAGDC, also Past Warden of the Province, was installed in the Masters Chair, both Lodge Room and Dining Room were packed with members and well-wishers to support Kevin.
The Vale Royal Team who performed an impeccable Installation ceremony, followed by a fantastic Willington Hall Banquet. WBro George Train PAGDC acted as representative of the Provincial Grand Master and was blown away when he was presented with a fist full of cheques for local and Provincial Charities amounting to £3,100.
These consisted of :-
- £500 Masonic Grand Charity (Grand Lodge, London)
- £500 Cheshire Masonic Covenants Ltd (Split to £250 General Fund and £250 TLC)
- £500 Luke’s (Cheshire) Hospice
- £250 Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation
- £250 Macmillan Cancer Support
- £250 Northwich Stroke Association
- £150 Northwich Multisport Club
- £100 4th Frodsham Scouts
- £100 Lucy’s Pineapple Appeal
- £500 DEC Myanmar Appeal (A late addition to the substantial charitable donations).
In their usual charming manner both Kevin and George kept the Festive Board in suspense as George revealed some of the humorous events that occurred when they were both Wardens of the Province and set some of the highest targets of attendance.
Also in attendance, giving support, were WBro Adrian Davies APGM and WBro George Mann Past APGM who were also Wardens of the Province and took over the reins from George and Kevin together with many Acting members of the Province.
Left to Right: – WBro George William Mann PSGD, WBro Ronald Adrian Davies PSGD, WBro George Henry Train PADGC, WBro Kevin Dickens PADGC.
Members of Vale Royal Lodge will not forget the evening when Kevin became their Master and who assured the Lodge the level of ritual and enjoyment will continue to abound during his year in office.
Just before the social board the new master with his wardens and his special guests gathered together.
Left to Right: – WBro Ivor James Henry PADGC, WBro George William Mann PSGD, WBro Revd. Barry William Jobber PAGChap, Bro Jim Cartwright (SW), WBro Ronald Adrian Davies PSGD, WBro Kevin Dickens PADGC (Master), WBro George Henry Train PADGC, Bro Edward Bond (JW), WBro Colin Andrew Kemp Ross PADGC.
Another first, which did not go unnoticed, was the meeting of the masters of three out of the eight lodges who have the honour of being able to wear Hall Stone Jewels. An explanation of the jewel can be found here.
Left to Right: –
- WBro David Bond, Master of the North Cheshire Haven Lodge
- WBro Kevin Dickens, Master of Vale Royal Lodge
- WBro Michael Shiels, Master of the Lodge of Good Council.